top of page

Work Permits

In Canada, it is crucial to obtain a work permit before starting employment. Canadian employers struggle to find enough workers to meet demand and thus rely on foreign workers. 

Canadian employers wishing to employ a foreign worker in Canada must first obtain authorization from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), otherwise known as a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). 

A LMIA is a broad and comprehensive process subject to a high level of analysis from the government. However, other routes include:

  •  Working holidays

  •  Post-graduate work permits (PGWP)

  •  Open spousal work permits

Contact us

Got a question? Please complete this short form to submit your work permit query directly to our specialists.

Information Form

Work Permits: Text
bottom of page